[Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] Fixing bufferbloat: How about an open letter to the web benchmarkers?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Fri Sep 12 20:19:21 EDT 2014

I have a working ping-over-http mobile browser app at  alt.reed.com. feel free to try it and look at the underlying packet stream with wireshark. I did a prototype of a RRUL test using Web sockets and a modified nginx websocket   module as a server that could be commanded to generate precise traffic and server end measurements ... it showed this can work up to a few 10 s of Mb/s.

It's slightly tricky and requires a good understanding of the Web sockets protocol stack.

-- Sent from my Android device with K-@ Mail. Please excuse my brevity.