[Bloat] Computer generated congestion control

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 07:06:50 EDT 2015

David, you're preaching to the choir. Perhaps you're unaware of my recent
work on cake, which is very much in the smart local decisions camp. There's
some discussion on the Codel list.

As I said, I'm perfectly aware that, with a dumb network, there isn't
enough information at the endpoints to do the congestion control job
properly.

I was simply taking the discussion about Remy (which claims to do exactly
that) to suggest that a slightly better job could, in theory, be done, and
that the bufferbloat problem might not have been quite so severe if it had.

- Jonathan Morton