[Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] Suggestions/advice for captive portal on gw00/gw10?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:34:53 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 2:14 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 16:40:10 -0400, leetminiwheat said:
>
>> Sorry again, I found connlimit in iptables-mod-conntrack-extra. I'll
>> investigate further about a simple portal and not make it too intrusive,
>> just more of a warning that they're not on their (faster) home WiFi.
>
> It's 74F and sunny outside, it's one of the more scenic areas in southwest
> Virginia, I have a Jaguar with an almost full tank of gas in the parking lot,
> and I'm stuck in this cubicle for a bit longer.  So the snark is running high
> at the moment.
>
> http://www.ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html
>
> And add an exception list for device MAC addresses you recognize....
>
> That should do the trick. :)

While amusing, that was not my point.

My overall point is that not sharing wifi spectrum sanely, and the
resulting interference is hurting everyone.

There  is no "theft" of internet access you are not using.

(Admittedly there are (today) increasing amounts of usage caps from
the ISP, which I do not like either.)

We CAN make better hardware, ourselves, beat bufferbloat, and take
back control of the edge of the internet! If we work together, on
making it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/onetswitch/onetswitch-open-source-hardware-for-networking