[Bloat] Questions about the use of HTB & fq_codel in simple.qos, simplest.qos

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 08:14:48 EDT 2015

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the response - this is really helpful. As I said in my original note, I'm casting about for usable advice that we can offer to people today. I want it to be unarguably true, and I want to understand the nuances so that I don't get tripped up by Gotcha's.

I'm currently focussed on OpenWrt, as that's a platform where it's easy to roll out fq_codel in current builds simply by downloading a couple packages. I'll work on a draft note with recommendations for OpenWrt and send it past the list for comments. Thanks again.

Rich