[Bloat] Questions about the use of HTB & fq_codel in simple.qos, simplest.qos

Kathleen Nichols nichols at pollere.com
Sat Apr 11 11:53:11 EDT 2015

Just to clarify...I wrote the sfqcodel code in ns using existing sfq
code so I
could put something together quickly to show the benefits, most
specifically,
of binning acks and other short packets separately from longer data
transfer packets.
At the time, we had been explaining that AQM does one job (controlling
queue)
but that some form of separation/isolation was needed to deal with the
well known
ack issue. The work we do to understand issues and algorithms is often
different
from the work we do to deploy something. However, both are important.