[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

jb justin at dslr.net
Sun Apr 19 01:26:51 EDT 2015

The graph below the upload and download is what is new.
(unfortunately you do have to be logged into the site to see this)
it shows the latency during the upload and download, color coded. (see
attached image).

In your case during the upload it spiked to ~200ms from ~50ms but it was
not so bad. During upload, there were no issues with latency.

I don't want to force anyone to sign up, just was making sure not to
confuse anonymous users with more information than they knew what to do
with. When I'm clear how to present the information, I'll make it available
by default, to anyone member or otherwise.

Also, regarding your download, it stalled out completely for 5 seconds..
Hence the low conclusion as to your actual speed. It picked up to full
speed again at the end. It basically went
40 .. 40 .. 40 .. 40 .. 8 .. 8 .. 8 .. 40 .. 40 .. 40
which explains why the Latency measurements in blue are not all high.
A TCP stall? you may want to re-run or re-run with Chrome or Safari to see
if it is reproducible. Normally users on your ISP have flat downloads with
no stalls.

thanks
-Justin