[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Apr 19 12:30:23 EDT 2015

Hi Jonathan,

On Apr 19, 2015, at 12:46 , Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 19 Apr, 2015, at 13:20, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Reporting the latency under load as frequency (inverse of delay time) would be nice in that higher numbers denote a "better” link, but has the issue that it is going to be hard to quickly add different latency sources/components...
>
> Personally I’d say that this disadvantage matters more to us scientists and engineers than to end-users.  Frequency readouts are probably more accessible to the latter.

	The frequency domain more accessible to laypersons? I have my doubts ;) I like your responsiveness frequency roprt as I tend to call it myself, but I more and more think calling the whole thing latency cost or latency tax will make everybody understand that it should be minimized, plus it allows for easier calculations…. ;)

Best Regards
	Sebastian