[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sun Apr 19 13:15:52 EDT 2015

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:

> The upload latency figures are definitely iffy, but the download ones
> seem to match roughly what I've measured myself on this link.

Also, I don't trust parallel latency measures done by for instance ICMP
ping. Yes, they indicate something, but what?

We need insight into the TCP stack. So how can an application like
dslresports that runs in a browser, get meaningful performance metrics on
its measurement TCP-sessions from the OS TCP stack? This is a multi-layer
problem and I don't see any meaningful progress in this area...

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se