[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Tue Apr 21 05:14:34 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 05:35:32PM +1000, jb wrote:
> And I can't offer an option, because the server receive window (I think)
> cannot be set on a case by case basis. You set it for all TCP and forget it.

You can set both send and receive buffers using a setsockopt() call
(SO_SNDBUF, SO_RCVBUF). I would advise against it, though; hardly anyone
does it (except the ones that did so to _increase_ the buffer 10-15 years
ago, which now is thoroughly superseded by auto-tuning and thus a
pessimization), and if the point of the test is to identify real-world
performance, you shouldn't do workarounds.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/