[Bloat] RE : DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Apr 22 13:15:56 EDT 2015

On 04/22/2015 09:19 AM, Dave Taht wrote:

> Has anyone added pacing to netperf yet? (I can do so, but would need
> guidance as to what getopt option to add)

./configure --enable-intervals
recompile netperf and then you can use:

netperf ... -b <NumSendsInBurst> -w <InterBurstInterval>

If you want to be able to specify an interval shorter than the minimum
time for the itimer you need to add --enable-spin to the ./configure -
netperf will burn CPU time like there was no tomorrow, but you'll get
the finer control on the burst interval.

happy benchmarking,

rick