[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

MUSCARIELLO Luca IMT/OLN luca.muscariello at orange.com
Wed Apr 22 13:28:00 EDT 2015

On 04/22/2015 07:16 PM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-04-22 at 18:35 +0200, MUSCARIELLO Luca IMT/OLN wrote:
>
>> FQ gives you flow isolation.
> So does fq_codel.

yes, the FQ part of fq_codel. that's what I meant. Not the FQ part of
sch_fq.

> sch_fq adds *pacing*, which in itself has benefits, regardless of fair
> queues : Smaller bursts, less self inflicted drops.

This I understand. But it can't protect from non self inflicted drops.

> If flows are competing, this is the role of Congestion Control module,
> not packet schedulers / AQM.

Exactly. Two same CC modules competing on the same link, one w pacing
the other one w/o pacing.
The latter will have negative impact on the former in FIFO. Not in FQ
(fq_codel to clarify).
And that's my incentive argument which comes from the flow isolation
feature of FQ (_codel).