[Bloat] SO_SNDBUF and SO_RCVBUF

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 00:37:47 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Rick Jones <rick.jones2 at hp.com> wrote:
> On 04/22/2015 02:02 PM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, the real nice thing is TCP_NOTSENT_LOWAT added in linux-3.12

I will argue that that would give a much better estimate as to how
much data was really outstanding on the wire.

> Don't go telling Dave about that, he wants me to put too much into netperf
> as it is!-)

Please release 2.7 soonest so we can get it into openwrt chaos calmer.

Then we can discuss new features, like the UDPLITE stuff and this. :)

That said, I would like try a comparison test against rrul results
taken with and without the tcp_notsent_lowat option in netperf when I
get back from vacation next week. My guess is that it won't affect the
stats we get currently much (might hurt as netperf will run more
often), but MIGHT reduce the tail burst problem we see fairly often at
the conclusion of the test

> rick

Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67