[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

Bill Ver Steeg (versteb) versteb at cisco.com
Fri Apr 24 11:20:33 EDT 2015

For a very low speed link, I suggest that 100ms is not the right target. At 1 Mbps (which is a downstream number that I occasionally see in an ISP), 100ms is only nine 1400 byte packets.

Non-paced IW10 would suggest that you need to have at least a 10-deep target. Concurrent flows probably drive the target a bit higher. An FQ_AQM solution would have a different target than an AQM solution.

Does anybody have data that quantifies the best target delay for FQ_Codel and Codel/PIE?

Bvs