[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

Simon Barber simon at superduper.net
Fri Apr 24 23:23:26 EDT 2015

On 4/24/2015 1:55 AM, Sebastian Moeller wrote:
> Okay so this would turn into: base latency to base latency + 30 ms:
> green base latency + 31 ms to base latency + 100 ms: yellow base
> latency + 101 ms to base latency + 200 ms: orange? base latency + 201
> ms to base latency + 500 ms: red base latency + 501 ms to base latency
> + 1000 ms: fire base latency + 1001 ms to infinity: fire & brimstone
> correct?

I don't think the reference should be a measured 'base latency' - but it
should be a fixed value that is different for different access types.
E.G. Satellite access should show green up to about 650 or 700ms, but
fiber should show green up to 50ms max. Perhaps add in speed of light to
account for distance from the user to the test server.

Simon