[Bloat] Detecting bufferbloat from outside a node

Neil Davies neil.davies at pnsol.com
Mon Apr 27 06:38:38 EDT 2015

Toke

Absolutely - the individual nodes can make (locally informed) decisions as to how to “behave”.

The interesting thing is making all those local decisions add up to a (set of) end-to-end outcomes, and the
answer is not to make the same decision(s) everywhere - unfortunately that doesn’t stack up.

We have (some level) of control over our “universe of discourse” - my joke with my mates at CERN is that
they only have one universe to investigate, we can create three in one day and still be home in time for tea!

Neil