[Bloat] Detecting bufferbloat from outside a node

Paolo Valente paolo.valente at unimore.it
Mon Apr 27 07:54:42 EDT 2015

Thanks for the pointers. As for the epistemological implications of to my concerns, I must admit that I find them a little bit frightening :)

After browsing some of the presentations, the relevant component for my problem seems to be the variability V. However, it is not clear to me how I can measure or infer it in my situation, i.e., if I cannot:
1) have any feedback on the user experience;
2) measure the time that elapses between when a time-sensitive application puts a message in a socket and when that message is actually sent by the node in a packet;
3) in the opposite direction, measure the time that elapses between when a packet arrives to the node and when the application receives the message contained in the packet.

On which documents should I concentrate more to better understand this point?

Thanks,
Paolo