[Bloat] extremely good dslreports result for bufferbloat on free.fr

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:32:19 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 9:32 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
> Free.fr (Proxad) is certainly much better than other ISPs -- they've been
> the first to give sort-of-native (6rd) IPv6 to the masses.  However,
> there's one thing that annoys me -- they have two distinct CPEs, the
> classic FreeBox (which I have) and the FreeBox Revolution (which is
> slightly less cheap, and takes more physical space -- a big deal if you
> live in Paris).  The classic FreeBox needs some love from the firmware
> developers, and I'd be curious to know whether your results apply equally
> to both boxen.

All ya gotta do is run the new dslreports and/or rrul test(s) on your
own older box, and post. ;)

My understanding was that the old freebox was too weak to run anything
but SFQ, but it did run that on the outbound.

> (The thing that most pisses me off with the classic FreeBox is that it
> doesn't allow IPv6 subnetting -- unless you order the FreeBox Revolution,
> you're condemned to the purgatory of ND-proxying.  Grr.)

As tiny as the mods now are to support more extensive ipv6 in openwrt,
that certainly was not the case in 2012.

> -- Juliusz

Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67