[Bloat] Pacing --- was DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

MUSCARIELLO Luca IMT/OLN luca.muscariello at orange.com
Wed Apr 22 14:39:20 EDT 2015

This is not clear to me in general.
I can understand that for the first shot of the IW>=10  pacing is always
a win strategy no matter what queuing system you have
because it reduces the loss probability in that window. Still fq_codel
would reduce that probability even more.

But for long flows going far beyond that phase isn't clear to me why the
paced flow is not penalized by the non paced flow in FIFO.
TCP will start filling the pipe at some point in bursts and that would hurt.

Now, I forgot how sch_fq pacing rate is initialized to be effective from
the very first window.