[Bloat] Adblock - or another extension - is incorrectly blocking the speed test

jb justin at dslr.net
Sat Apr 25 07:44:56 EDT 2015

The message appears when the speed test is blocked from reaching a test
server.

It has turned out to be almost always either Adblock, AdblockPlus or
NOSCRIPT

The error message is correct, at least, has been so far: it is always an
extension
and whatever extension it is, does not report to what it is doing, just
rips a hole
in the browser.

Of course, I'm happy to add an additional error if it turns out to be
incorrect.
Are you sure Adblock is disabled? and no other extensions are operating?

by the way I dislike adblock intensely, and not for selfish $ reasons, they
filter
javascript and html and CSS using regular expressions (first mistake) and
then
rip out anything matching any combinations of letters that were once or are
now
used in part of an advertising url, function or style template. In doing so
they
constantly break everything. Of course as a user, you just think a site
looks
badly formatted, or is buggy, and move on.

thanks
-Justin