[Bloat] Fwd: Did *bufferbloat* cause the 2010 flashcrash?

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Fri Aug 7 10:13:20 EDT 2015

There are a lot of possibilities related to buffer bloat and other network
performance issues. For example, at Comcast where I work, I have come to
suspect that buffer bloat was behind the degradation of VoIP (e.g. Vonage)
while customers were using BitTorrent (which led the company down a bad
path to try to fix it but that¹s a long story).
http://www.zdnet.com/article/some-vonage-users-are-frustrated-about-comcast
-connection-quality/

JL