[Bloat] cake 'conservative' option and panics

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Sun Aug 9 18:16:23 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I had a 'fun' moment a couple of days ago where I tried the
'conservative' option in the sqm-scripts advanced options and found my
router went into crash/reboot cycle.  What I should have done was fiddle
with 'conservative' live, so lesson learned there.  Anyway, anyone seen
this?  OpenWrt trunk on Archer C7 v2, with tc-adv, kmod-sched-pie &
kmod-sched-cake from Dave's ceropackages repo (I *think* that's the
latest/current one but.......)

Something like 'tc qdisc change dev eth0 cake conservative' makes my
router go bye bye :-)

Kevin