[Bloat] Two d-link products tested for bloat...

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 00:32:59 EST 2015

Perhaps just a wall of shame?  No venom, just point out the failings, and
call people out.

But, frankly, I don't think any of the router mfr's actually care (I've
seen no evidence of it), and since they're not in the business of actually
making these things (just putting their labels on them), I don't see them
being able to drive it in a coherent manner.  I'm appalled that the silicon
vendors aren't in on this.  Because frankly _this_ is the sort of thing
that they can use to distinguish themselves.  But as usual, they seem more
interested in butchering the open source software to make something
"proprietary", which is full of bugs and poor performance except in a
narrow lab setup.

The people that I expect to do better at this are the Ubiquiti and others,
which _are_ doing hardware design (to some degree), and building the
software that goes on top of it as well.

-Aaron