[Bloat] recommended PC config for network testing using Ubuntu

Bill Ver Steeg (versteb) versteb at cisco.com
Mon Feb 23 17:18:41 EST 2015

Yup – As I look into it a bit more, it looks like grub is no longer being seen by the UCS’s stage 1 boot loader. I should be able to fix this, but I will probably pick up a simpler low end system to get some diversity in my testing. The UCS is a great box for compiling/testing, as it is a pretty powerful system. It is designed to be administered as part of a data center deployment, so the software upgrade process is a bit different than what I am used to.

The old HP box is one I had sitting on the shelf for a while, and I am beginning to think I put it on the shelf for a reason (8-)).

Thanks for the reply.

Bvs

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo05.jpg]

Bill Ver Steeg