[Bloat] RED against bufferbloat

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Feb 25 08:36:38 EST 2015

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, Sebastian Moeller wrote:

> 	The only argument for ingress shaping on the CPE is that this
> allows the end user to define her own QOS criteria independent of the
> ISPs wishes. Best of both worlds would be user configurable QOS-shaping
> on the slam/bras/whatever…

As I said before, doing FQ_CODEL in the AR is an expensive proposition for
medium and high speed access. So if this could successfully be pushed to
the CPE it would mean it would be more widely deployed.

I am very much aware that this is being done (I have done it myself), but
my question was if someone had actually done this in a lab and found out
how well it works in RRUL tests etc.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se