[Bloat] RED against bufferbloat

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Feb 26 07:57:37 EST 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, MUSCARIELLO Luca IMT/OLN wrote:

>> Also possibly that the whole SDN movement means hardware will get
>> standardized APIs so in case there is hardware acceleration on the CPE,
>> this can be handled by any kernel and not just the kernel that the vendor
>> has modified to work with their special hardware.
>
> I don't  how SDN would help for queuing.

I never said it would. I said that the SDN movement might give
standardized APIs into what the forwarding hardware does, including
packet treatment such as queuing behaviour. It might also mean that if
someone implemented a certain queuing behaviour and this ended up defined
by the API description, more vendors might implement the same thing.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se