[Bloat] Two d-link products tested for bloat...

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 11:56:42 EST 2015

On 25 February 2015 at 17:18, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Here's a comparison plot of box totals:
> http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/rtt_fair4be-comparison-box-plot.png
>
> That's a real mess. All of them utterly fail to get download bandwidth
> anywhere near the upload (am I right in assuming it should ideally be about
> equal?), and the only ones with even halfway acceptable latency are the
> ones with least throughput in either direction.

Possibly. The two issues with wireless is that it is a hub like network and
that the system has to figure out a lot of noise (everthing from
microwaves, wireless phones to other AP's on the same or nearby frequencies
which intefere). Also depending on the antenae setup it is going to be both
sending and recieving from the same post which brings in other latencies.
Since most traffic is 'streaming' then the hardware is going to be oriented
on making download latencies the lowest and upload latencies not as much a
problem. If he gets the same profile on the wired side as the wireless side
then it is more of an indicator of software/hardware issues which might be
fixable. On the wireless side there is a TON of stuff you have to clean out
from any tests to make sure the results are 'valid' (to some degree of
valid).

>  - Jonathan Morton

Stephen J Smoogen.