[Bloat] Bloat goes away, but with ~25% speed loss?

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Fri Jun 5 10:33:24 EDT 2015

On 04/06/15 21:01, Jonathan Morton wrote:

> A useful exercise might be to log the idle latency over a long period
> of time, and correlate it to peak load periods, as A&A do.
> http://aa.net.uk/kb-broadband-cqm.html .

Minor claim to 'infamy'.  The line graph shown on that page is my ADSL
line from 4ish years ago :-)  I was having a hell of a time trying to
convince BT to solve the packet loss issue caused by a faulty PSU in a
satellite receiver (one whole street away and affecting a LOT of
people)  Andrews & Arnold (ISP) were the only people capable of hitting
BT with a sufficiently large cluebat.