[Bloat] Bloat goes away, but with ~25% speed loss?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:19:52 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant
<kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:

> On 04/06/15 21:01, Jonathan Morton wrote:
>
> A useful exercise might be to log the idle latency over a long period of
> time, and correlate it to peak load periods, as A&A do.
> http://aa.net.uk/kb-broadband-cqm.html .
>
> Minor claim to 'infamy'.  The line graph shown on that page is my ADSL line
> from 4ish years ago :-)  I was having a hell of a time trying to convince BT
> to solve the packet loss issue caused by a faulty PSU in a satellite
> receiver (one whole street away and affecting a LOT of people)  Andrews &
> Arnold (ISP) were the only people capable of hitting BT with a sufficiently
> large cluebat.

A&A struck me as an extremely clueful ISP (I think they have had ipv6
/48s for forever?)
and it has been my impression that folk like that were using things
like HFSC + SFQ already
in their "rate limiters", and had experimented also with fq_codel by now.

> - Jonathan Morton

What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast