[Bloat] backbone loss statistics over the past 15 years or so?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:10:32 EDT 2015

I am wondering if there is any long term loss statistics across the
internet over a very long interval... for example does
internettrafficreport.com have long term data?

from an anecdote at:

https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20150608072917905&board_id=11&model=RT-AC68U&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

"When I first started to work on the Internet at a little mom, and pop
ISP when it first opened up in the 1990’s there was and still is a
site called Internet Traffic Report [
http://www.internettrafficreport.com ].  Back then it was showing
anywhere from 4% to 6% packet loss in North America.  As the years
rolled on some days it was at or above 10%.  If you looked at Asia it
was even worse.

Now in 2015 I notice that it is at 0% packet loss worldwide.  Looks
like the big boys found a way to fight any connection speed, and
buffer issues that where the cause of what was an ever increasing
packet loss issue.  My wish is that it would now make it all the way
down to the end of the last mile.  The issues with packet loss due to
buffer bloat that are now at the end of the home and business
connections I feel helps lead to the congestion issues we see during
the high use periods at night. "

What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast