[Bloat] backbone loss statistics over the past 15 years or so?

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Jun 17 16:34:18 EDT 2015

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/faq.htm#measure

> Q: How do you measure "Internet traffic?"
> A: A test called "ping" is used to measure round-trip travel time
> along major paths on the Internet. We have several servers in
> different areas of the globe perform the same ping at the same time.
> Each test server then compares the current response to past responses
> from the same test to determine if the response was bad or good on a
> scale of 0 to 100. The scores from all test servers are averaged
> together into a single index.

If you drill-down on regions, it will show individual routers.  The
results seem to be particularly binary - a given router will have either
an index of 100 and a loss percentage of 0, or an index of 0 and a loss
percentage of 100.  Asia seems to have a couple exceptions proving the rule.

You will probably get a kick out of:

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/faq.htm#packet

I'm not sure if they are setup to report fractional packet loss percentages