[Bloat] Bloat goes away, but with ~25% speed loss?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 18:52:46 EDT 2015

Feature requests: (in your copious spare time)

A) be able to break the bloat grade out up and down. as one example
free.fr has limited control on the down (their IPtv implementation
makes it impossible to fix), but total control on the up, and I
figured that they would do better than they did on up.

B) bloat trendline over time...

C) I am loving being able to break out AS numbers and cruise around
the world. fascinating.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 3:45 PM, jb <justin at dslr.net> wrote:
> Dave
> Those result pages I pushed out this week, and they are are a work in
> progress
> I expect to be adding more depth to them, stay tuned.
>
> Unrelated to buffer bloat results, there is a global speed map available
> too:
>    http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/country
>
> With click features for comparing multiple countries.
>

> On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 6:06 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 63% F bloat grade for
>> http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/isp/r3895-Orange%20Broadband
>>
>> I was disappointed to see the numbers for free, but wish I had insight
>> into up vs down for their bloat scores.
>>
>> http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/isp/r2816-Free%20France
>>
>> but... so wonderful to sit on a vantage point across the world! Way to
>> go justin!

What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast