[Bloat] esr and sugarland: trying to remember the times when cerowrt was fun

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:39:43 EST 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com>:
>> Every time I got really really kicked down on this project, eric
>> raymond would put me up in his basement for a couple days, or a week
>> or a month, he and cathy and I would rap, and play games like "power
>> grid", talk about everything outside of software, and do fun stuff.
>
> Those were good times. Cathy and I both miss 'em.

I hope to stop in on my way to germany in april.

>> Excellent reading, throughout. I helped fix a plot flaw in "Sucker
>> Punch", which is the most I ever did for him directly... aside from
>> improve his uptime.
>
> Huh?  You gave me keyboards and stuff.  But screw that; the real value
> I got from you was your company, your friendship, your sense of humor,
> and Dave Taht being Dave Taht.

I had completely forgot about turning you onto those!
http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/FeaturedProducts/UB40PGA

But... what's your router's uptime?

>> Eric and Cathy and Sugar were a great help - and there is some mystic
>> quality to their basement for the development of good software! More
>> people should try to cut final releases of software from down there,
>> for sure.
>
> Come back and do it some more yourself.  We've got the Power Grid set...

For the public record, I am 0 for 15 in Power Grid against these two sharks. And
a sore loser.

It's a great game though.

> --

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb