[Bloat] ubnt's community cheers me up too

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 00:58:13 EST 2015

I took the time out to backport fq_codel to the ubnt edgerouter last
year and their community responded handsomely - (and thanks, sebastian
for helping out, also!) - and later ubnt upgraded kernels and had all
the goodness natively:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX/fq-codel-wizard/td-p/957877

... except the low end ERL can't crack 80mbits of shaping. Apparently
the Pro version does better (and I have one of those, just haven't
booted it up in a while) And somewhere on one of those community
threads was a policer design I wanted to look at but never found it.

I keep hoping to find someone at tilera with a pulse - some of their
hardware is perfect for stuff like this. Tilera was all over New
Zealand when I was there. Anyone know anyone at tilera? I'd love to
see what their higher end boxes can do....

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb