[Bloat] great interview on the scale conference wifi successes

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 17:12:06 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 1:44 PM, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2015, Dave Taht wrote:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXvGbEYeWp0&t=4795
>>
>> (takes a bit to get to the wifi part)
>>
>> H/T to david lang for getting it so right!
>

> Thanks, for those interested in what I did, you can see the presentation I
> gave on the topic at LISA '12
> https://www.usenix.org/conference/lisa12/technical-sessions/presentation/lang_david_wireless
> and the ;login article I wrote as a follow-up
> https://www.usenix.org/publications/login/april-2013-volume-38-number-2/wireless-means-radio
>
> This year I deployed 53 APs. I'll make an updated map showing where they
> were deployed.

So far as I know all the APs were fq-codeled, but the firewall/gw was
not. Had I not been too sick to make it to the conference, might have
got that done. As it was, david ran some netperf-wrapper tests on the
firewall on the last day, and, well, that data was miserable. Next
year! we'll get that right.

> David Lang

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb