[Bloat] facebook releases network test tool for slow and dodgy conditions

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 24 15:57:15 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 03:49:42PM -0400, Rich Brown wrote:
> I hope they *do* have bufferbloat in their emulator. It'd be a real shame
> if they failed to mimic the presence of bufferbloat in 3G/4G/DSL/etc.
> uplinks. Imagine if everyone developed their app using ATC, then wondered
> why their performance stinks in the real world...

Does the distinction between “low-throughput, low-latency” and
“low-throughput, low-latency, bufferbloated” really mean all that much for
the average userspace app? You have to go pretty deep in the stack before the
_reason_ for the slowness matters much.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/