[Bloat] Latency Measurements in Speed Test suites (was: DOCSIS 3+ recommendation?)

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:18:03 EDT 2015

> On 30 Mar, 2015, at 16:56, Pedro Tumusok <pedro.tumusok at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Also would you mind doing another test and share the link for result, so he can check closer?

I still have the result link for the earlier one:

	http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/193440

Here’s another result without using the webcache, but keeping everything else the same:

	http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/199524

For context, this is through the PowerBook which is running cake, 8Mbps down and 1Mbps up.  This is somewhat less than the capacity of the link, but since it’s 3G it varies quite a lot anyway.

> on the other things, yes I'd like to hear about buffer bloat ideas.

The number-one desirable feature is to carry on measuring the latency while the throughput test is ongoing.  This is relevant to anyone who wants to make a VoIP call or play an online game while using the connection for something else.  If you have several people in one household, it’s often hard to coordinate their activity to avoid such multitasking.

 - Jonathan Morton