[Bloat] [aqm] ping loss "considered harmful"

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:41:32 EST 2015

Probably the least cynical answer to that I can come up with is the hope
that big vendors get a clue that this stuff is needed, and start hiring
field experts as consultants to help them get it right.

You can stop snickering now.

Another possibility is that some of us have to club together and make our
own hardware that Does The Right Thing, possibly still based on one of the
generic reference hardware platforms, if we can find one that we like and
is cheap enough to compete. Which, once again, would take care of the CPE
problem but practically nothing else, unless we somehow managed to get a
foot in the door of the DSLAM market. Which is about as likely as the
Prince of Darkness taking a skiing holiday at home.

- Jonathan Morton