[Bloat] extremely good dslreports result for bufferbloat on free.fr

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sat May 2 11:01:10 EDT 2015

Hi Jb,

On May 2, 2015, at 15:40 , jb <justin at dslr.net> wrote:

> Each bar is an individual probe they go out once per second, which determines their
> position along the X-Axis, and are tagged by color *when they come back*.

	Thanks, that is exactly the information I was looking for. Given that, I vote for reporting the maximum of the latency under load increases, so take the mean from the pre-download test period and subtract that from each individual download and upload RTT value, select the maximum and report that. Measuring once per second is petty sparse, so no need for any fancy reporting (also good look getting a 98%-percentile for say the 10-11 download RTTs ;) even taking all ~40 RTTs will make 98% hard to reach unless you round… 95% though will work okay-ish).

> For the radar plot, the ones showing latencies to each location, it is nothing to do
> with buffer bloat but there are two green colors super-imposed, the worst and the
> best of several probes per location.

	Ah, I had a hunch that would be that, thanks.

Best Regards
	Sebastian