[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Thu May 7 03:37:01 EDT 2015

Hi Jonathan,

On May 7, 2015, at 09:18 , Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It may depend on the application's tolerance to packet loss. A packet delayed further than the jitter buffer's tolerance counts as lost, so *IF* jitter is randomly distributed, jitter can be traded off against loss. For those purposes, standard deviation may be a valid metric.

	All valid, but I  think that the diced latency is not a normal distribution, it has a lower bound the min RTT caused by the “speed of light” (I simplify), but no real upper bound (I think we have examples of several seconds), so standard deviation or confidence intervals might not be applicable (at least not formally).

Best Regards
	Sebastian