[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

jb justin at dslr.net
Thu May 7 06:44:24 EDT 2015

There is a web socket based jitter tester now. It is very early stage but
works ok.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?radar=1

So the latency displayed is the mean latency from a rolling 60 sample
buffer,
Minimum latency is also displayed.
and the +/- PDV value is the mean difference between sequential pings in
that same rolling buffer. It is quite similar to the std.dev actually (not
shown).

Anyway because it is talking to 21 servers or whatever it is not doing high
frequency pinging, I think its about 2hz per server (which is about 50
packets
per second and not much bandwidth).

My thought is one might click on a server and focus in on that,
then it could go to a higher frequency. Since it is still TCP, I've got
lingering
doubts that simulating 20ms stream with tcp bursts is the same as UDP,
definitely in the case of packet loss, it would not be.'

There is no way to "load" your connection from this tool, you could open
another
page and run a speed test of course.

I'm still working on it, but since you guys are talking RTT and Jitter
thought I'd
throw it into the topic.