[Bloat] splat start?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat May 9 22:18:36 EDT 2015

One of the things bugging me lately is that we actually have a lot of
forms of "slow start"
on the table - HyStart, Initial Spreading, reno vs cubic, dctcp, IW2,
IW4, IW10, TSO offloads, the effect of GRO on it, etc. I dont know
what is in QUIC, either.

I would love a comprehensive guide to exactly the behaviors of "slow
start" in every tcp known to man and some sane way to refer to them
all in a cross reference and a spreadsheet.

Does something like that exist? Just the "* start" behavior.

The world has spent way too much time analyzing congestion avoidance mode.