[Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] better business bufferbloat monitoring tools?

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Tue May 12 19:13:30 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 03:17:34PM -0700, David Lang wrote:
> I always set my graphs for 1 min samples (and am very tempted to go shorter)
> just because 5 min hides so much.

Just be aware that there are many devices (in particular switches) that only
update SNMP counters now and then (say, every 17th second or whatever).[1]
The shorter your polling interval, the greater your noise will be from that
effect.

[1] This used to be especially great in combination with devices that were too
stupid to have 64-bit SNMP counters, but were fast enough to have 32-bit
counters wraparound in 35 seconds or less.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/