[Bloat] [Cake] dslreports and inbound rate shaping

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:21:55 EDT 2015

> On 19 May, 2015, at 22:17, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So I finished writing up my thoughts on bobbie,
> http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Bobbie
>
> which might work better than anything on the table in the face of huge
> bursts like these, when the rate differential is so small.

I wonder if there’s any profit in making fq_codel and cake behave more like a policer on ingress; that would be halfway to bobbie without writing a lot of new code.

A reasonable test would be to try configuring fq_codel with interval = target = 5ms.  If that works better, I could add similar functionality to cake.

- Jonathan Morton