[Bloat] sqm-scripts on WRT1900AC

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 02:51:08 EDT 2015

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 11:44 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> And it has a fan. Hate fans. Amusingly (I guess), I had this same
> chipset to fiddle with in the "mirabox" and it ran waaaay too hot.

I haven't hit the fan, yet....

> It is not clear why you are getting an inaccurate rate out of it, either.

I feel like the rate has never been really accurate, or perhaps it's just
that we're jut not properly accounting in our measurement tools (netperf),
for the ACK bandwidth.  But my current "limited" rate is set higher than
anything I've ever measured, and it's clearly still working.  Part of my
next rounds of testing are to keep pushing that up until it's clear that
I've tripped over the "real" rate.

It is a leading candidate, but I would prefer to find a hardware
> partner that cared about our issues enough to work with us, rather
> than ignore us as netgear did.

I fear that's going to be a continual issue while we ask for things that
most people don't understand that they want/need.  But I think that we'll
have an easier time if we're talking with a chipset vendor (like Marvell)
vs an OEM (like Netgear), given the relative distance each has from the
kernel drivers...

-Aaron