[Bloat] Announcing Flent (formerly netperf-wrapper) v0.10.0

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun May 24 12:22:12 EDT 2015

> - A couple of new tests has been added: `rrul_50_down`, `rrul_100_up`

These tests also include one saturating stream in the opposite direction,
and do not graph many flows very well, as yet.

https://github.com/tohojo/flent/issues/15

The results are "interesting". I have been using these to completely overwhelm
the sqm inbound shaper (pie,cake,fq_codel,and a policer all fail to manage
the concatinated 2sec comcast queue. Sigh.)

Also since we have tons more "flent" servers coming available, testing
more flows at more RTTs becomes feasible.

https://github.com/tohojo/flent/issues/36

>   and `dslreports_8dn`.

This last test is not really baked yet. My intent was to fully emulate
the dslreports tests (notably using an http pinger in addition to udp), and use
things like the new in-series runner to garner up and down results collected
sequentially, and calculate stuff including the "grade".  But the form of those
tests had not settled down upstream before this release....

Please do not expect binary compatability on the results of these
three tests going forward.

And: Ideas and Patches always wanted - especially now that the next
release window is open!

https://github.com/tohojo/flent/issues

Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67