[Bloat] Announcing Flent (formerly netperf-wrapper) v0.10.0

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun May 24 13:55:09 EDT 2015

Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:

> This contained the never-merged (some licencing issues) web based
> parser for the data.
>
> https://github.com/bipulkkuri/netperf-wrapper

The main reason (apart from licensing issues) that it was never merged
was that I don't want to maintain two plotting implementations within
Flent itself. So the possible scenarios for a web-based viewer are, as I
see it, roughly:

1. Leverage the existing matplotlib plotting implementation to produce
   javascript plots. This is issue #27
   (https://github.com/tohojo/flent/issues/27) and depends on how well
   the mpl-to-d3 library works in practice.

2. Replace the whole plotting implementation with a javascript-based
   one, and serve that from within Flent itself.

3. Have an entirely separate web viewer implementation.

Which scenario that works best will probably to a large extent depend on
the actual use case this mystical beast is supposed to support. Which I
don't believe has been articulated properly...

-Toke