[Bloat] Announcing Flent (formerly netperf-wrapper) v0.10.0

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun May 24 14:23:00 EDT 2015

so far as I know browsers will autonegotiate gzip compression on the
wire or in the server. I do not believe (but am woefully out of date
on this) bzip can be handled in the browser.

http://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/1/wiki/docs_modcompress
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_deflate.html

So my vote is that the native flent format be pure text json (with a
mime type mapping it to that) and the default output of flent be
flent.gz where it can be automagically decoded when presented with
whatever.flent and the .gz file exists instead.

And ya still have time to fix it before casting the bzip'd version in
stone. I am not big on fixing all the web browsers and servers in the
world for "yet another specialized mime type".

Even if javacript based decompressors exist for bzip, gzip was the
most common format back when i was paying attention (8 years ago).