[Bloat] dslreports mockup

jb justin at dslr.net
Mon May 25 00:07:24 EDT 2015

I did move the half-moon gauge up into the green "ping" block.

Over time the intention will be to grade a result on more than one
category, not just for buffer bloat. For example, recognition of
excessive latency to everywhere, or a poor speed compared to peers
in the same country on the same tech, or incorporation of the jitter
test result, or other yet to be determined metrics. Then an over-all
grade that is a summation of everything because people want
one answer: is my connection good or not right now, & has it got worse
over time? or better. Putting a buffer bloat grade front and centre
makes it purely a buffer-bloat test.

So I'll probably have to re-arrange the positioning of grades and so
on, and probably also have to stop calling it a "speed test" as well
because the speed race is probably over with imminent availability
of home connections faster than one can reasonably use. The median
connection speed for fios or comcast users running the test is about
50 mbit. Most of those connections are idle all day.