[Bloat] ESR's comment popped up on slashdot

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu Oct 8 10:41:47 EDT 2015

I meant everything I said in that comment - I don't think dtaht's worthy
effort rang the "national security" bell anywhere near hard enough, either
as a matter of substance or as a rhetorical move.

But I was also thinking tactically about how my comment would implicitly
reposition the others.  What I think I've done here is change the debate's
Overton window - extend the range of thinkable proposals - and thus made
the Taht/Cerf and Perens proposals look conservative and moderate.

dtaht, sorry about not being involved in the last day's editing but
I got to a point where I thought writing my own broadside would
actually help yours more than a bunch of minor revisions.