[Bloat] FYI: Comcast Seeking Bufferbloat Beta Testers

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Thu Oct 29 00:53:34 EDT 2015

FYI - We are seeking a (very) limited number of participants for a technical trial in which we will test techniques for mitigating bufferbloat and improving performance.

Although the CableLabs DOCSIS 3.1 specifications include support for dynamic queue management, DOCSIS 3.1 modems are not yet deployed in customers' homes.  This trial will focus on static queue management in the upstream direction, using a specific DOCSIS 3.0 modem.  Participants must be current Comcast customers subscribed to Comcast's High Speed Internet service.  Test equipment, a splitter, and a coaxial cable will be provided to participants for the duration of the trial. The trial will take place entirely on this dedicated equipment and over a separate Internet connection from a participant's current Internet connection. It should not affect your normal Internet use and will not count against any usage thresholds that may apply.

If interested, please send an e-mail to bufferbloat at hsdtrials.comcast.net. Be sure to include your name, service address, and account number if you have that handy.

Thanks!
Jason